Antiques – Fine Art – Estates – Appraisals
(204) 477-5353| firstname.lastname@example.org | www.dominionantiques.com
Monday, November 23rd, 2015, at 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 22nd, 1:00 to 6:00
& Monday, November 23rd, 10:00 to 7:00
To be held at the Masonic Temple, 420 Corydon Ave.
Can’t make it to the auction? WE ACCEPT ABSENTEE BIDS. Ask for details.
All items and the 5% buyers’ premium are subject to GST. PST applies to purchases over $100.00.
Please settle all accounts by auction’s end.
Purchases must be removed from the premises by Tuesday at noon.
All items sold as-is where-is. Please take care to examine all items before bidding.
- Ladies’ gold jewelry. Blue sapphire earrings (14kt), and pendant (9kt) with amethyst stone in thistle motif. Two pieces.
- Sterling silver cigarette case. With old Coat of Arms inscription. Early 20th century.
- Men’s jewelry collection. Watch fob 9kt (.375) gold with bloodstone; and eight miscellaneous cufflinks. In box.
- Bud vases – set of four. Chinese porcelain – famille rose style. Early 19th century.
- Totem pole. Haida carved. Canadian hardwood on base. 24″h.
- Military items. Hand generated light (Phillips Co.); single lens binocular; brass compass marked E.Hoehn – 1917. Three pieces.
6A. Military button set. With the Royal Crown indicating it was made for the Nobleman Baron van Asch van Wyck. Early 20th century. In original box.
- Ladies’ button and hat pin set. Lapis lazuli stone with yellow gold and brass. In original box. Early 20th century.
7A. Carved jewellery collection. Cameo brooch in female motif; carved brooch in floral motif; and mourning necklace.
- Teapot, cream and sugar – sterling silver. English and monogrammed ‘A’. Early 20th century.
- Ladies powder case. Tortoiseshell and silver case. With similiar folding glasses, and snuff box. Burled walnut with hinged lid. Probably English. Late 19th century.
- Baccarat crystal vase. Amphora design. Signed on bottom. Mid 20th century.
- Silk Kimono. Cream and gold coloured in floral and bird motif. Mid 20th century. With frame and box.
- Wool and silk carpet. Chinese with gold field and floral motif. 4 x 6’.
- Lamp table – solid mahogany. Turned and carved column and splayed cabriole base. Early 20th century.
- Wash basin set – Royal Doulton ceramic. Floral motif. Early 20th century.
- Moorcroft Pottery. Powder bottle with stopper, and covered bowl. Orchid and Spring Pattern. Dark blue ground. 5.5″ H. Two pieces. English. Early 20th Century.
- Porcelain horse. Beswick Company. Mid 20th century.
- Figural floor lamp. Spelter metal with gilt finish in female motif. With original silk shade in butterfly motif. Early 20th century.
- Pair of open armchairs. Shell motif. Light green upholstery. Mid 20th century.
- Mahogany wall mirror. Hand carved top and wrought iron fretwork front. 50″h.
19A. Sterling silver jewelry collection. Two pair of earrings and one pendant with black onyx and turquoise stones. Three items.
- Moose antlers. Mounted. 43″ w. Mid 20th century.
- Document box. Grand Lodge insignia, solid maple. Early 20th century.
- Brass weathervane. Blue milk glass ball, wooden base. Early 19th century.
- Duck decoys. Hand carved and painted. Two pieces. Lead mounts. Early 20th century.
- Cast iron dentist’s drill. Foot pump operated. Original cloth tube. Late 19th century.
- Secretaire – marble top with rosewood cross banding. Brass mounts and escutcheons. French. Early 20th century.
- English watercolour – signed Mcroberts? “The Tomb of Achilles”. Dated 1883.
- Open armchairs – pair. In-carved walnut with green floral upholstery. Mid 20th century.
27A. Two Royal Doulton Christmas figurines. Santa’s Surprise HN4800 and Santa’s List HN 4801.
- Sterling silver shawl clips. Made in Israel. Mid 20th century.
- Coffee table. Krug Company. Hand carved solid walnut with plate glass top. Early 20th century.
- Teak dining suite. Makers stamped “Nils Jonsson” Sweden. Round table with two folding leaves, buffet, and four chairs. Mid 20th century. Six pieces.
- Barrister’s bookcase. Solid oak with four glazed tiers. Early 20th century.
- Fruit serving bowl. Art Deco green glass. With 6 similiar small bowls. Early 20th century.
- Pie stand. Three tiers – solid oak. Early 20th century.
- Inuit carved bone. Snow goggles, and small bird. Two items. Early 20th century.
34A. Four rings . Silver settings with turquoise, malachite, lapis lazuli, and fuschia crystal.
- Chinese Imari vase in hand painted design. 14″ tall.
- Cameo glass vase. Acid etched and hand painted. Floral motif with green ground. Possibly Legras. Unsigned. 8″h. Late 19th century.
36A. Two Pascoe and Company Christmas figurines. Mrs. Claus PC1; Santa Claus.
- Coat rack. Folk art. Hand carved oak in floral and bird motif. Dutch origin. Late 19th century.
- Sterling cutlery – Intenational company. “Prelude” pattern. Approximately 30 pieces. In wooden box.
38A. Four silver rings. Two with malachite, one tiger’s eye, one with red stone in geometric pattern.
- Herman Miller Eames Arm Shell molded chair. Original sticker on bottom, orange fiberglass. Midcentury.
- William Moorcroft Pottery vase – ‘moonlit blue’ pattern. Burslem factory. Green painted signature. 14 3/4″ H. Early 20th Century.
- Slag glass hanging lamp. Eight original panels, spelter framework. Early 20th century.
41A. Corner cabinet. Heavily carved in foliate motif, with green paint applied. Folk art style.
- Scarce antique frosted glass panel lamp in deer and forest motif on brushed steel base. Circa 1940.
- Open oak bookcase. Arts and crafts style. Five tiers. Early 20th century.
- Two ivory carvings. Chinese women on wood bases. 4″ tall. Mid 20th century.
- Royal Crown Derby. Fine china frog paperweight. Late 20th century.
- Pair of old plaster and marble bookends in Roman God motif. Circa 1910.
46A. J.P. Morante – bronze dancing girl. On marble base. H 26″.
*****Buyer may take one or two of the following:
- Chinese export porcelain plate. Blue and white, depicting two pagodas and a fisherman coming to shore. Ch’ing Dynasty (Ch’ien Lung). Late 18th century. Displayed and catalogued for the Cargo West Exhibition by the Winnipeg Art Gallery – see accompanying documentation. 9″D.
47A. Chinese export porcelain plate. Blue and white, depicting “Willow Pattern” type scene with pagodas and a fisherman. Ch’ing Dynasty (Ch’ien Lung). Late 18th century. Displayed and catalogued for the Cargo West Exhibition by the Winnipeg Art Gallery – see accompanying documentation. 9″D.
- Two antique art Nouveau bronze/copper trays in fish and mermaid motifs. Circa 1920. Two pieces.
- Barrister’s bookcase. Unusual solid construction with mirrored top and four glazed tiers. Early 20th century.
49A. Four Royal Doulton Christmas figurines. Holly HN3647; Winter’s Day HN4589; Santa Claus HN4175; Christmas Day 2006 HN4899.
- Persian steel “Kulah Khud” helmet. Incised arabesques, with hanging mesh protection. Wooden wall stand included. Late 18th century.
- Cast iron coffee mill. Elgin National Coffee Co. Early 20th century.
- Wool wall hanging. Morrocan hand knot. Red field and geometric design.
- Wall mirror – gilt and pierced plaster frame. Early 20th century.
- Moorcroft Pottery bowl. Hibiscus pattern with green ground. With two small candy dishes. Three pieces. 9.25″ D. English. Mid 20th Century.
- Folding cameras. Zeiss Ikon and Ansco 3A Model (1914). Original cases. Two pieces. Early 20th century.
55A. Three Royal Doulton Christmas figurines. Christmas Day 2001 HN4315; Christmas Day 2002 HN4422; Santa.
- Gentleman’s brandy snifters. Bohemian glass. Each with individual erotic etching. Six pieces. Late 19th century.
56A. Birks sterling silver cutlery set. Approximately 75 pieces including servers.
- Large porcelain vase. Hand decorated with ornate metal base and handles, 28″ h. Late 20th century.
- Pembrooke gateleg table. Solid walnut. Turned legs and two drop sides. Probably English. Early 20th century.
- 8-Day wall clock. Oak cased with leaded glass front and Arabic numeral face. New Haven Company. Early 20th century.
- Side table. Mahogany. Lattice work sides, lower shelf, and tapered legs. Early 20th century.
60A. Ladies’ jewelry collection. Elle watch with red leather strap and necklace with hand carved pink coral pendant in floral motif with gold plated chain.
- Lovely old Indian hand knotted wool wall hanging/carpet in floral motif.
- Pair of duck decoys. Hand-carved with original paint remaining. Early 20th century.
- Art Deco tea set. Silver plated. Including: tea pot; coffee pot; cream and sugar; and tray.
63A. Three Royal Doulton Christmas figurines. My Christmas Wish HN4945; Mrs. Claus HN4799; Christmas Day 2005 Petite HN4757.
- Chinese porcelain charger. Blue and white export porcelain with eight lotus panels with floral and female motif. Ch’ing Dynasty (Ch’ien Lung). 18th century (Displayed and catalogued for the Cargo West Exhibition by the WinnipegArt Gallery). See accompanying documentation. 9.5″ D.
- Glassware set. Hand painted in game bird motif. Specifically made as a serving set for after a hunting expedition. Late 19th century.
65A. Violin. Two piece back with medium curl. Labelled inside “Marquid de l’air D’oiseaux 1780”. Some repair needed. With bow and case.
- Cigarette tins collection. Mainly Egyptian. Dimitrino, Fouad, and various makers. Early 20th century.
- Wall sconces. French Roccoco style. Spelter metal with gilt finish. And Spelter cherub statue. Made for hanging. Late 19th century.
- Ukrainian wooden balalaika. Three strings and white plastic pegs. Mid 20th century.
68A. Pair of double handed vases – German porcelain. White ground with floral motif. Minor repair. Early 20th century.
- Fruitwood tables. Pair – incarved floral motif. Mid 20th century.
69A. Set of four sterling low candlesticks. Mid 20th century.
- Satsuma bowl. Intricately hand painted Japanese scene, signed. Early 20th century.
- Silver choker necklace. Hand crafted with central green stone, signed Vatsyl. Mid 20th century.
71A. Electric guitar. El Degas made. Black case and mother of pearl finger mounts. Some repair needed.
- Large silk embroidery of Chinese trees, signed. Mid 20th century.
72A. Brass bugle. With mouthpiece. “Imperial Whaley Royce & Co. Makers, Toronto”.
- Wall mirror – mahogany. Regency style. Early 20th century.
- Three Royal Doulton “Lady Doulton” figurines for 1995-7. Lily; Katherine; Jane.
- Four Chinese plaques – hand applied coloured soapstone. Floral bouquets in vases. Mid 20th century.
- Three display pillars. Electrified.
- Walnut planter. Lead lined with straight legs and pierced stretcher. Early 20th century.
- Hand loomed wool carpet. Geometric pattern, peach and navy field. 56×104”. Some wear. Midcentury.
- Carriage oil lanterns. Brass and glass construction. Pair. Late 19th century.
79A. English sterling silver cream and sugar. With a set of four Dingwall sterling silver nut dishes and a sterling lidded powder jar. Seven pieces.
- Old CP Rail telephone. Very scarce. In original solid oak carrying case. Early20th century.
80A. Beswick porcelain candleholder. With unmarked porcelain flower vase in floral motif. Two pieces. Early 20th century.
- Silver plated Tazza. Cherub and dragon motif. Early 20th century.
81A. Mid – century modern collection. Desk fan and metal domed desk lamp. Two pieces.
- Needlework tapestry. English classical scene in gold frame. Mid 20th century.
82A. Susie Cooper. Set of four demi-tasse teacups. Hand painted floral motif. Mid 20th century.
- Balloon back chairs. Solid walnut, incarved backs and legs and upholstered seats. Early 20th century.
83A. Brass bookends. Pair. Native chief motif. Mid 20th century.
- Three Royal Doulton figurines. Flower of Love; Penelope; Janice.
- Wall mirror. Three sections in gilt plaster frame. Early 20th century.
85A. Crystal decanter. Waterford Co. Crossed pattern, including lid. With four glasses. Mid 20th century.
- Pottery vase. Brown and blue ground with wild grass motif -possibly English. Mid 20th century.
86A. Copeland Spode china set (no major serving pieces).
- Tribal area rug. Overall floral design. 2’x4′. Mid 20th century.
87A. Japanese masks. Hand-carved wood in various motifs. In original boxes. Mid 20th century.
- Wall sconces. Set of six. Hand carved and gilt. Electrified. Early 20th century.
- Four hand lanterns. One pair of American metal; one brass; and one depression glass oil lamp. Four pieces. Late 19th century.
89A. Napkin rings – sterling silver. Set of four monogrammed plus two mismatched. Six pieces. Early 20th century.
- Mary Louise Kreyes – pair of oil on panel. Portrait of a dignified lady and farmyard scene. Both dated 1972.
90A. Four piece silver-plated tea service with wooden handles. And various silver-plated serving trays. Early 20th century.
- Piano stool. Solid walnut Eastlake-style base with floral needlework seat. Late 19th century.
91A. Carlton ware cream and sugar. Green ground. Two pieces.
- Military items. Canadian naval flag, linen, 34×71; and POW-made ship in a bottle.
- Metal wall curio. Ornately designed with two doors. 28″x18″. Mid 20th century.
93A. Hummel figures. Set of four. Children in various poses. Mid 20th century.
- Pair of snowshoes. Catgut webbing. 64″l. Early 20th century.
94A. Val St Lambert crystal. Pair of candle sticks – and scotch bottle with stopper. Mid 20th century.
- Three Royal Doulton figurines. Penelope; Fleur; Ann.
95A. Crystal decanter. Waterford Co. Crossed pattern – with lid. Mid 20th century.
- Tony Tascona – “Back to Back”. A portfolio of five coloured serigraphs. In original booklet.
96A. Perfume bottle – Lalique France. Frosted glass bird motif stopper. Mid 20th century.
- American History collection. Telegraph machine; WWII era aviator goggles; “Northern Champs” patch; Pontiac automotive cap. 4 items.
97A. Bookends. Hand carved hardwood. Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
- W. Cannon – watercolour pair. European harbour scenes. Late 19th century. Some wear.
98A. Tiffany sterling silver. Makeup applicator? In original box.
- Leo Mol – pastel portrait. Unframed.
- Ken Martin – oil on board. “Assiniboine River – Tuxedo”. 12 x 16”.
- G. Balbar – watercolour. Dog deep in thought. Framed.
101A. Tony Tascona – coloured serigraph. “Arc 21”. #10/40. Dated 1976.
- Pair of black and white etchings. European archway scenes. Initialled ‘MP’.
- Two Satsuma plates. Hand painted design. Early 20th century.
- Persian area rug. Machine loomed with geometric design on pink field. Mid 20th century.
- Marie Louise Kreyes (MSA 1925-83) – oil on board. “Northern NB Landscape”. Dated 1956.
- Ben Wasylyshen – coloured monoprint. “Oseredok”.
- N. Hind – lithograph. Winter landscape. 1965.
- G. Balbar – watercolour. Old country house.
- William Chandler – coloured pastel. Large landscape. Early 20th century.
- Maisie Wride – pastel. Mountain and lake scene in original frame. Mid 20th century.
- Two Chinese shell pictures in large shadowbox frames. Late 20th century.
- Antique colour print. French chamber scene. Gilt frame.
- Schmed – textured print. Floral stillife.
- W. Harich – oil on canvas. Mountain Landscape. Gilt frame.
- Eli Bornstein – coloured lithograph. “The Tower”. 1955.
- V.Ito – watercolour. Japanese pagoda scene.
- Two black and white etchings. Depicting women in various situations. Early 20th century.
- E. Dirksen – oil painting. Ships in bay. Mid 20th century.
- R.N. Hurley (FCA) – watercolour. Manitoba grain elevators in winter. 12 x 16″.
- Edith Ivan – watercolour. “Man at Desk”. Dated 1956.
120A. Carole Bondaroff – watercolor, “Emerald Autumn”. Dated 1990.
- V. Bulik – oil on canvas. Marsh scene. Framed.
- P. Bower – oil on board. “Doc Smith’s Place – Hazel Creek Manitoba”.
- K. Hamilton – watercolour. “Grain Elevators – Darlingford”.
- Stanley Day – acrylic. Abstract “Composition II”. Dated 1969.
- Tretchikoff – pair of prints. “Balinese Girl” and “Miss Wong”, in matching gold and pink velvet frames.
- Eli Bornstein – coloured lithograph. “Downtown Bridge #4”.
- Jean Serolle – acrylic on canvas. “Garden Party”.
- Eli Bornstein – coloured lithograph. “Paris Bridges”. 1953.
- William Simpson – black and white stonecut. “On the Back Fence”.
- Guy Begin – coloured oilette. Paris cafe. #193/275.
130A. Huntley Brown – two prints. Limited edition, of Quebec and Nova Scotia. Mid 20th century.
- Eugene Veder – coloured etching. European monument scene.
- Tony Tascona – coloured serigraph. “Red Structure” #34/40. Dated 1976. Some repair needed.
- Pierre Huot – charcoal drawings. Set of three. Depicting various warriors.
- Unsigned – oil on canvas. Natives hunting deer.
- Robt M Gibson – oil on canvas. “Forgie”.
- Quill art image. “Teatro Noche”.
- Hans Herold – oil on canvas. “Birches at Emma Lake”.
- Robert Houston – black and white etching. European street scene.
- English prints. “The Meet” and “The Death”. Hunting scenes. Oak frames. Early 20th century.
- Signature indistinguishable – oil on canvas. Street scene.
- Folk art frame – containing manipulated photograph of woman with antlers.
- Rose Leonard – oil on board. Stookes on prairie farm.
- Vera Hand – pair of pastel drawings. “St. Andrew’s Church” and “Fort Garry”. Two items.
- Unsigned oil on board. River landscape.
- Classic print. “Grace”.
- Military print. 6th Regiment of Hussars Canada.
- Edith Ivan – watercolours. “Man at Desk” and portrait of a man standing. Dated 1956/57.
- Pair of English coloured prints. Landscape scenes. Signed George Oyston.
Thank you for attending tonight’s auction!
We wish you all the best for the holiday season.
Our 2016 auction dates will be posted to our website shortly, and sent out the old fashioned way in the New Year.
For all your real estate needs contact
Riley Peake (Realtor)
I sell the home – AND everything in it.
(204) 475-9130 | (204) 227-2047 | email@example.com
Sutton Group – Kilkenny Real Estate
Buy and sell antiquarian, collectable, and quality used books.
Fair prices paid for single items or entire collections, at our shop or at your house.
424 Graham Ave., Winnipeg MB R3C 0L8 Canada